2noteselfie asked: Answer this with ten random facts about yourself and then pass it on to your ten favourite followers.
I don’t make a habit of answering these, but here goes…
1. My earliest memory is of being pushed onto a lawn and nuzzled by a big black Labrador (called Jake) in San Antonio, Texas.
2. I talk to myself in French all the time.
3. My favourite time to go for a walk is on cold and misty late-evenings in winter, when all the lights are blurred by the haze and the still air is suffused with all the smells of the season.
4. I can be terribly self-conscious and shy, probably because I know that I’m quite a strange person on the inside.
5. When nobody’s looking, I still enjoy sticking my arms out and pretending to be an aeroplane when I’m out walking.
6. I suffer from infrequent but regular vasovagal attacks. My friends know that if I tell them I can feel one coming on, then they have my permission to push me to the ground.
7. I already miss Oxford. I realised the other day, however, that my dad and I broke a sort of family in tradition in doing our undergrad degrees at Oxford; of those of our ancestors who went to one or the other place, the vast majority were at Cambridge.
8. I’m desperate to be a better morning person. Actually, I’m just desperate to be a better person full stop. I often lie awake at night fretting over all the things I want to do and learn and say and feel. I know I won’t have time in my short life to achieve much of what I would like, and sometimes that frightens me.
9. (Perhaps occasionally as a consequence of #8) 90% of the time most of my brain is engaged in day-dreaming about running away to the woods or the mountains.
10. I may resort to attempting to use gene therapy to turn myself into some sort of Peter Pan.